Saturday, July 19, 2008

S'mores

From Life Take 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well... the public schools are back into the full swing of things here and the unofficial end to summer has come and gone. I thought this week we would celebrate with a traditional campground favorite: S'MORES!You all know how to make them over a campfire, on the grill at home (just not the same), or in the microwave (eat them fast before the get to hard to eat!). I found even more S'mores recipes for you - check out this spin on a old favorite.Tonight, however, I am making my own version of s'mores pie with my sons. I got the idea from another blog about finding one of these at the grocery store. I thought .. hey! I can do that!! So .... I am gonna give it a shot!

Ingredients:
1 graham cracker pie crust; 20 marshmallows, and 2 large chocolate candy bars.

Directions:
Fill up the pie crust with marshmallows. Break up the candy bar into chunks and sprinkle throughout the pie. Keep going until it looks good. Bake at 350 until all is melted. Let cool. Cut and serve! Enjoy!

No comments: