Saturday, July 19, 2008

Quick & Easy Recipes Online

From Life Take 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well …. It’s that time of year. Everyone seems to be sick with something; the last of the flu, a cold or allergies. I also heard that strep is making it rounds again. So… that got me to thinking. What can I make when I don’t feel like cooking? I need something easy, fast, inexpensive, and healthy. Something other than chicken noodle soup in the Crockpot.

I found a few places on the internet with some recipes for quick and easy meals.
Cryovac Simple Steps
Super Target
EZ Meal Prep

I found a few places that I could join either for free or not, that had some great looking recipes as well.
Café Mom
Six O’Clock Scramble
Saving Dinner
Dinner Planner
Kid Approved Meals

Then I hit the jackpot! A great place for family-friendly recipes, including some for the Crockpot! Hip Hip Hooray!!
Cheap Cooking
Simple Meals
Karen’s Country Kitchen

Why not try this recipe with the kids this week?

Crockpot Chicken & Mushrooms

Ingredients:
4 bone-in chicken breasts with the skin removed
salt
pepper
lemon pepper
paprika
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can of mushrooms or 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth

Directions:
After removing the skin, sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and paprika, then place in the crockpot.Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken pieces.Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or egg noodles.

No comments: