Saturday, July 19, 2008

Banana Split

From Life Take 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was looking for something fun the other day for lunch. I called up Chef John and he sent me a great idea that I just had to share with all of you! How about a Banana Split for lunch??! No, no ... I am not talking about the one with all the gooey fudge and ice cream. I am talking about a healthy version of this. This is a great way to let your finicky eater have a really fun, seeminly "naughty" lunch.

Ingredients:
3 bananas
3 strawberry yogurts
3 vanilla yogurts
3 chocolate yogurts
dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
granola
chocolate chips
pineapple chunks or tidbits
optional: Other healthy toppings (strawberries, cherries, flavored granola, ...)

Directions:
Peel bananas. Slice them length-wise. Place two slices in a banana split boat/dish. Add one small ice cream scoop full of each yogurt in a row. Top with pineapples, your favorite fruit, granola, and then a few chocolate chips.

No comments: