Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life Lessons From the Kitchen

From Life Take 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone has heard of the "Everything I learned in Life, I learned from ...." poem. They are every where and they seem to have one out for everything. Well... I finally found one they missed. I was looking for the one that said "Everything I learned in Life, I Learned from my Kitchen." There isn't one -- so I made one up.

Everything I learned in life I learned from My Kitchen.
  • The right tool can make a big difference.
  • Mistakes Happen. Throw them out and start over from scratch.
  • Practice makes perfect.
  • Don't cry over spilled milk.
  • Little bits add up to lots of bits.
  • Homework is like steak -- rarely done.
  • When in doubt -- get your little brother to do it.
  • Better safe than sorry.
  • Procrastination can ruin a good thing.
  • Chicken soup is food for the soul.
  • Clean up your own mess.
  • Wash your hands before you eat.
  • Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
  • Hunger makes anything taste good.
  • Nothing in life is free .
  • Looks don't matter.
  • Share with others.
  • Sharing the load makes quick work.
  • The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
  • Junk food is a food group.
  • Good Things come to those who wait.
  • Laughter is the best medicine.
  • Hugs & Kisses (chocolate or otherwise) conquer all.
  • A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.
  • Always pray before you eat. (and other times as well)
  • Manners count.
  • A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
  • If you drop it, pick it up. If it's empty, fill it. If it's open, close it.
  • Eat, drink, and be merry.
  • Beggars can't be choosers.
  • Just desserts happen sooner or later.
  • An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
  • Half is better than none.
  • A few germs never hurt anyone.
  • Pay attention! Science experiments are known to sprout on their own in the dark recesses of the fridge.
  • Kitchen Memories last forever. (How many of your memories are based upon the smells, sights, and tastes of your childhood?)
  • A watched pot never boils (in other words -- have PATIENCE!)

So ... leave me some comments. What are the things that you have learned from your kitchen?

No comments: