Saturday, July 19, 2008

Easy Cooking Recipes

From Life Take 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry everyone that this is late! I had planned on having a bunch of articles written before surgery but I wasn't feeling as up to writing as I had hoped. I am now in the first week of my recovery and feeling better than I have in a long time! Although I still can't do much. Including, anything in my kitchen.

Sooooo..... CHEF JOHN TO THE RESCUE!!! I am so greatful and blessed with friends who have taken good care of me since the beginning. Chef John has always been a blessing to me but now he is a dream come true. He has volunteered to cook and go grocery shopping for me all through my recovery period. The down side..... he has meetings all week this week and can't actual do the cooking. BUT... he left the recipes. This one was so easy and so good ... I had to share. This is great for the nights when you just don't have time to cook or as a how to cook lesson for the kids. A great healthy meal with easy instructions. Okay ... bare with me as I am trying to translate Chef John speak into a recipe. : -)

Grocery Shopping: Puchase 1 bag of Tyson Popcorn Chicken (28 oz), 1 bag of Vegetable Stir-fry (in the frozen veggie section. He bought a brand called Flav-r-pac), 1 jar of Iron Chef Sauce (flavor of your choice), and a package of Rice Noodles.

Cooking: Cook chicken in oven according to the directions. While that is cooking, in a frying pan, saute the vegetable stir-fry in 1 drop of oil. Veggies need to be thawed before cooking. Set aside when done. Chicken will get done first. Place in a bowl. Cover in sauce but not to much. Just enough to coat it (or glaze it as Chef John wrote). Microwave until warm. Add in veggies. Toss (ahh... stir together). Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Serve chicken and veggies over noodles.

We had an Orange Ginger sauce. Good thing: It tastes great! Bad thing: I think I am allergic to ginger. I have only had ginger one time that I know of before and got a severe headache and was dizzy. Same thing after this. UGH! Boys also thought this was too spicy. Maybe next time we will try it with terraki or something else more boy friendly. This is so simply that my husband wants to cook it again. This coming from the guy who thinks opening a jar of spaghetti sauce and boiling noodles is gourmet and asking a lot. This coming from a guy who specializes in frozen pizza and fast food.

So .... enjoy this special treat. We did!!! I will let you all know if any of the other recipes Chef John left are as easy. I saw another one and it started out with the words ... marinate for 12 hours. I also saw the words blanche and mince. UH-OH!! Does this mean we will be calling for pizza??? Wishing lots of Kitchen Blessings!

No comments: