Monday, August 25, 2008

Preschool Book List

From Life Take 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Below is a list of books that I have collected from several sources. Most have been shared with my children or I am planning on sharing them soon. I have listed the books by when I used them -- but that does not mean that they cannot be used for other ages/grades as well.
Books by Joan Sweeny (Me and My place in Space, Me on the Map, Me and My Family Tree, etc...)
Books by William Bennet (The Children's Book of America, The Children's Book of Heros, etc...)
20th Century Children's Poetry Treasury
The Big Book of Beatrix Potter
The Story of Me
A Bear Called Paddington
Snake Stories From Africa
The Village Well
Rick-A-Chee Series
Ian & the Gigantic Leafy Obstacle
Curious George Treasury
Heroes For Young Readers Series
This is a list of all the children's books we purchased/read during this time. Many are twaddle -- therefore not listed above but my children still enjoyed them. Once again -- as with all my book lists -- these can be used with other ages/grades. One other note, I did not include in any of my lists books that were read off of other internet site book lists.
Disney Treasury
Thomas the Train Treasury
Magic Tree House Series
We also watched a lot of videos during this time, as my children are visual learners. Below is a list of some of the things we have seen.

Veggie Tales
Max Lucado (Hermie, Flo)
Sesame Street
Zoom
Clifford
Jay Jay the Jet Plane
Thomas the Train
Disney Films
Zoologists Series
DK Explorers

No comments: